Opportunity: Executive Director, Ireland Network Chicago
Position Summary: Ireland Network Chicago (INC) is seeking a senior and experienced executive with proven skills in non-profit management. This includes external communications, fundraising, website and database management, operational know-how and strategic thinking to serve as its inaugural Executive Director. The Executive Director will be tasked with developing and executing a comprehensive strategic plan that leverages communications, fundraising and membership engagement tactics to ensure the sustained growth of INC.
- Develop a Strategic success Plan for Ireland Network
- Work closely with INC Executive Committee, INC Advisory Board, Department of Foreign Affairs and other stakeholders to oversee the professional development of INC
- Attend all Ireland Network Committee meetings. Create and distribute updated reports at each committee meeting.
- Design tactical communications, identify fundraising opportunities and membership engagement strategies to reach members, future members, media, and other target audiences through creative campaigns, traditional media outlets, social media, press releases and other relevant materials and sources.
- Assist with developing social media, online community building, website management and website strategy development, its missions and activities along with volunteer committee members
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Committee
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
The Executive Director should possess:
- Proven success in strategic communications and understanding of the philanthropic world
- Exceptional oral and written communication abilities
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to details and high standards of excellence
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, content management systems and CRM systems
- Familiarity with INC, its mission and activities as well as the Irish Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs
- Five (5) years experience in a similar position
- The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- This is an initial one (1) year contract, starting Feb 1st, 2021
- Closing Date, 5pm December 31st, 2020
- This is an independent contractor 1099 role.
- $25,000 per annum (part-time role).
Applications with cover letter/ resume to be emailed to email@example.com or complete the form below: